Aside from the fact that clear and concise business records must be kept in case of a visit from HM Revenue and Customs, the fact is that reliable and accurate bookkeeping is essential for the smooth running of your business.
To make sound business decisions, it is vital to ask yourself first:
- How do your sales, overheads and consequently profits compare with previous periods?
- Are there any unusual items of expenditure anticipated?
- How much money you are owed by customers?
- How much money do you owe your suppliers?
- How old are your debtors and creditors?
- How much money is in your bank account(s)?
The answers are impossible to determine without the appropriate bookkeeping systems in place. And yet all of those extra hours writing up your books can distract you from running your business, and… making money!
By outsourcing your bookkeeping to Rawcliffe & Co, our team of highly trained and courteous staff will provide a complete in-house service tailored to your needs. We will work with you to develop the most efficient bookkeeping system, using one of our software packages or spreadsheets.
However, if you would prefer us to come to you, we can arrange for one of our team to visit your premises on a quarterly, monthly or even weekly basis to suit your requirements.
An advantage for clients who make use of our bookkeeping department is that we are able to offer reduced fees for the preparation of your year-end accounts.
And not to mention, outsourcing your bookkeeping to Rawcliffe & Co can save you the cost of a full time bookkeeping employee!
VAT and excise regulations are complicated, and penalties for making mistakes can be high. Indeed increased legislation over recent years has meant that even innocent mistakes can be heftily penalised.
Here at Rawcliffe & Co, we have encountered many businesses who have failed to register to VAT. This can in some cases carry an enormous cost which in today’s economic climate, many businesses would struggle to cope with.
Rawcliffe & Co offer a comprehensive VAT service, covering:
- Registration for VAT, and advising on the most appropriate VAT Scheme for your business (e.g. Invoice basis, cash accounting or flat rate)
- Day-to-day queries relating to VAT
- Completion and submission of your VAT Returns to HM Revenue & Customs
- Dealing with VAT on goods acquired from or sold to overseas countries
- Partial exemption calculations
- Options to tax on buildings
- Dealing with HM Revenue and Customs enquiries and investigations – we can hold these enquiries at our offices if preferred to stay out of your way!
- Deregistration for VAT
For those clients who utilise our bookkeeping services, the VAT advice and function is included within the overall cost, where applicable. We will ensure that you are kept up to date, and registered for VAT when you are required to do so.
For help and advice on bookkeeping and VAT, please do not hesitate to contact us.