Rawcliffe & Co has grown to become one of the region’s most successful accountants and tax consultancy offices.
From simple beginnings, when we were helping the region’s self-employed to file their tax returns, we have developed an excellent reputation for providing accountancy and taxation services to both individual clients and businesses.
Edward Rawcliffe commenced the accountancy practice bearing his name in 1926, based in Birley Street in Blackpool. Edward, lived on Lincoln road in Blackpool for much of his life with his wife Madge and two daughters, Shirley and Val. A highly active member of local politics, Edward was educated at Arnold School of who’s Old Boys’ Association he was Chairman in 1959-1960. He sadly died on the the 8th November 1978 in St Joseph’s Hospital in Preston having been ill for one month.
1926: Edward Rawcliffe commenced the accountancy practice bearing his name.
1946: Michael Owen admitted as a partner
1964: Peter Adcroft admitted as a partner
1977: John Harrison admitted as a partner
1980: Moved into new offices on Wilkinson Avenue
1983: Malcolm Ashton admitted as a partner
1990: Acquired a Blackpool accountancy practice on Queen Street
1992: Peter Adcroft retired as a partner
1995: Michael Owen retired as a partner
1996: Self assessment was introduced, which brought in the deadline of 31st January for filing tax returns each year
1996: Acquired the practice Mabel Pails Accountants in St Annes
1996: Brian Blackburn and David Harben admitted as partners. Commenced the operation of a business support service offering full bookkeeping and accountancy to franchisees
1998: Acquired Hindocha Chartered Accountants on Caunce Street, Blackpool
1999: Acquired Brenda High & Son, an accountancy practice in Thornton-Cleveleys
2001: Acquired the long established bookkeepers 2×2 Bookkeeping
2001: Acquired another accountancy practice from a local sole practitioner, Thornton & Co
2005: Became one of the first accountants in the country to offer online company incorporations via our own direct link with Companies House
2008: Acquired the long established Blackpool practice of M. Barnfather & Co. Also this year acquired the smaller practice of Ward Dodd & Truelove
2008: Joseph Tantram and Ian Harrison admitted as partners
2010: John Harrison retired as a partner of the firm, but retained a consultancy role
2011: Kirsten Shearer admitted as a partner