Tax planning is a minefield in itself. However, the best tax planning advice involves our clients paying the minimum amount of tax within the bounds of legislation, at the correct time and through the appropriate mechanisms.
At Rawcliffe & Co, our aim is simple – we want you to keep hold of the maximum possible amount of the money that you earn – every pound that we can save you is an extra pound in your pocket, after all!
Examples of tax planning areas are detailed below:
- Trading through the most efficient mechanism (e.g. would you save tax as a limited company as opposed to a sole trader business?)
- Capital Gains Tax planning (e.g. CGT elections on second homes)
- Utilisation of losses in the most tax-efficient manner
- VAT planning (e.g. opting to tax a building to reclaim your VAT on inputs)
- Timing of expenditure to take advantage of tax reliefs available (e.g. the Annual Investment Allowance)
- Exit route strategies
- Planning for retirement
- Inheritance tax planning
For help and advice on tax planning, please do not hesitate to contact us.